../index.php?sid=3101120400645c011693b275f70b5890 DavesBJJ Forum Index FAQ Register Log in
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Sun 10 Dec 2017 Mon 11 Dec 2017 Tue 12 Dec 2017 Wed 13 Dec 2017 Thu 14 Dec 2017 Fri 15 Dec 2017 Sat 16 Dec 2017

Joint Juice

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    DavesBJJ Forum Index » Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sea Tea
Brown
Brown

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2006 19:35    Post subject: Joint Juice Reply with quote

Checking out some info on glucosamine and came accross a product called Joint Juice - glucosamine in fruit juices available in cans. Does any one know if its available in Australia or Perth to be more precise. Could only find it in the US. Also one site mentioned you can get glucosamine in a liquid form rather than powder or capusules. know you can get capsules and powder here but haven't seen the liquid form. Has anyone come accross the liquid Question

The journey is the reward
Animal
Black 4th Dan
Black 4th Dan

Club: the Academy

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2006 09:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

sea tea

see brett the muay thai master he did quite a bit of research when hunting down some glucosamine

Green
Green

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2006 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Tea,

Is is there any reason of your preference of liquid form of gluco? Though I didn't do much research, believe a number of supplement compounds become unstable if kept in liquid form for too long of a time. Loses potency.

I take gluco in capsule form. It helps. For joint health, throw in some fish oil too.

Brown
Brown

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2006 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI guys, I'll try to catch up with Brett, Animal, thanks

Kong Han, Im taking it in capsule form now, have been for about 4 years, and its good. IT just that i thought ti check out if there are any side affects from taking it and thats when I came accross the fact thats its available ( at least is the US) in liquid form. Naturally everyone sells the benefits of "their" product, but it implied that in capsule form the coating can reduce the absorbtion of the powder whreas in liquid form you dont have that affect, and liquid is absorbed more easily. Im not taken in by this buthhtought I would ask if any one knew anything. I know you can buy the powder and mix it in water or fruit juice to have anyway, I just thought it might be good to have a sport drink that was benefiting your joints while you train. Oh forgot to mention they say the drink also rehydrates or something.

Kong Han
Green
Green

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2006 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Tea,

Initial research seems to indicate gluco has affects to insulin level a little, but this needs further testing. I'll look further into this but so far the word on gluco has been positive. Hope you don't mind sharing Brett's info as I'm very interested in gluco too as I'm planning to take it long term.

Not buying the capsule layer delaying absorption either. The stomach acid would melt the gelatin capsule layer very quickly. Rehydration is a very vague word. The formula for rehydration is H20 Mr. Green Don't think gluco has anything to do with that.

Blue with 2 Purple tips
Blue with 2 Purple tips

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2006 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey good info, ive been thinking of taking it. Is one brand better than another, there are so many out there, Natures own, BioORganics, Heron and just about anyone who made a arthrisitis pill or cream now makes glucosimne. I also saw a cream i think it was in a red tube. also some have condroitin in it, whats that? do you need it

Ta guys, interesting and be interested to know if you can get the juice.

Joint juice, do the americans know what a joint is?? could get banned through customs Mr. Green

Kong Han
Green
Green

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2006 09:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend bought me a gluco and chondro cream. In red tube too. So probably that was what you had in mind. Didn't do much of anything for my wrists after numerous applications. But the capsules had pretty decent results. So may I suggest sticking to powder and capsules.

Brown
Brown

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2006 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kong Han, no worries sharing info, hard part is catching up with Brett although I see him at training he is generally always taking a class so the opportunity to chat isn't always there. I was talking to Brett pre christmas about glocosamine and he did say that his research showed best results from taking 1 x 500gm capsule 3 times a day. Apparently if you take more than 500gms in one hit your body just expels the excess. At that stage I wasn't looking into any long term effects but as Ive been taking it for about 4 yrs thought I should.

Ive also got some cream, called Glucosamine Rapid made by BioOrganics and it contains Capsicum. Ive used it when my knee aches but I honestly dont think it would be any more effective than other preparations on its own, I use it as a supplement to the tablets.

Also got a reasonably new product called Glucosaime SPorts ( also BioOrganics) which I read about being a combo of an herb called Willowbark - 2850mg, for pain relief + Gluco - 750mg. Was initially disappointed to get home and rip the box open only to find they are two separate capsules. As I already have 4 bottles of 150 Gluco capsule, more gluco was the last thing I needed. I thought it was both products in one capsule. If I had known it wasn't I would have just gone to the herbal shop and got Willowbark. ( will still look into this ) Anyway that said, I haven't taken this preparation as a continuous dose so cant comment fully on its effectiveness, but I did take it for a couple of days ( at night actually ) when my back was sore after a shoot class. It seemed to take the edge off the pain and tightness was gone in the morning.

Agent 86
Blue with 2 Purple tips
Blue with 2 Purple tips

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2006 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but can you get Joint Juice here???? Does any body import it ?????

geraldbb
Blue
Blue

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2006 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glucosamine is excellent. I've gone on and off it for various reasons and always notice the difference when I use it regularly.

I take Bio-Organics 2x1000mg capsules, twice daily. I also use Glucosamine/Chondroitin MSM, in Powdered form when I'm doing heavy, repetitve training. I mix the powder into protein shakes as I find it almost never dissolves in water/juice/milk just using a teaspoon.

Don't know about Joint-Juice though?

Gerald.

Sea Tea
Brown
Brown

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2006 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kong Han

spoke with Brett last night and he reitereated that his reasearch has shown its best to take 1500mg of gluco and chondroitin a day in 3 x 500mg doses, ie morning lunch and night. Brett uses the powder form and takes it in liquid, not sure if it was h2o or not however as Geraldbb has advised , it doesn't dissolve too well in h2o. Brett, like Geraldbb, supplements this with MSM and in addition to this also takes Omega 3 ( 3 x 1000mg I think)

For Brett, the results speak for themselves. After the initial first 6 weeks of getting it into his system he's more than pleased with the results.

Im looking at getting just chondroitin powder to add to our gluco tablets and we've started taking Omega 3 - 3000mg /day.

And no, Brett hasn't heard fo Joint Juice either. Someone must import it here somewhere. If not, maybe someone out there might be interested in bringing it in.

Mat Rat
Purple
Purple

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2006 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, been looking in this and can't find anything to say its available here is Oz. there web site if anyone is interested is www.jointjuice.com but seems its only available in the US and via the web. INteresting but. Heres a bit of what it says

jointjuice wrote:
Why should I use glucosamine?

As the body ages, the cartilage supporting and cushioning your joints tends to dry out and wear down. Glucosamine helps to postpone this process in two ways:

Glucosamine hydrates by increasing the production of specialized molecules that bind and hold water in the cartilage. This provides cushioning and increased shock absorption to protect joints during daily activity.

Glucosamine lubricates by supplying the building blocks for the main lubricating liquid in the joint space, creating a smooth, slippery surface for joint movement.

Joint Juice provides this unique formula in a single ready-to-drink can.

and its availble in tropical and orange/tangerine, Thats Nice

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    DavesBJJ Forum Index » Fitness All times are UTC + 8 hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: