../index.php?sid=3ea7e2fce43443b1179ccbed68f19289 DavesBJJ Forum Index FAQ Register Log in
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Fri 15 Dec 2017 Sat 16 Dec 2017 Sun 17 Dec 2017 Mon 18 Dec 2017 Tue 19 Dec 2017 Wed 20 Dec 2017 Thu 21 Dec 2017

broken ribs

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    DavesBJJ Forum Index » Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitman22
Orange with 2 Green tips
Orange with 2 Green tips

Club: the acadamy (soon)
Styles: bjj, shootfighting

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 22:58    Post subject: broken ribs Reply with quote

hey, i was mucking around, i guess you could say sparring with my cousin on the weekend, he grabbed my right leg and i thought being the bruce lee that i am (not Hysterical ) that i could try jump off my left and kick him with my left in the head, well i didnt think it through, he didnt let go of my right and i went up and then i landed straight on my back, on concrete, and it was a pretty big fall, and i heard a few cracks, and couldnt breathe for like a minute, well i can move, ive broken ribs before and i think i have, but i dont wanna go outta shape while i rest up with the ribs, is there anything i can do that wont cause severe pain and keep me in shape whilst ive got 1 to 3 potential cracked ribs?? Dunno

cheers guys. any help appreciated. Workout

Animal
Black 4th Dan
Black 4th Dan

Club: the Academy

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Laugh Good Laugh Good Laugh Good Laugh Good Laugh Good Laugh Hysterical

its hurts a lot no matter what you do

youmove or bereath it hurts

try walking or swimming

Purple
Purple

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2008 06:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch man, haven't had the misfortune of breaking ribs. have you at least strapped them ? as for exercises i suggest whatever you do, do it in water. That's supposed to support the body, muscles etc while you work. with the warm sultry weather we're having head down the beach or pool. This'll sound funny but it seems one simple exercise is to breath, i came accross this a while ago and kept it incase i did injure my ribs - good luck mate, hope you recover soon

Rib injury

It is often difficult to be certain even on an X-ray if the injury is a bruise or if a rib may have been damaged or broken.

While the pain will come from the chest wall it is essential that you keep the lungs working properly during the recovery

In normal life you are continually taking deep breaths even although you may not be aware of this perhaps as a sigh this keeps air moving in and out of all parts of the lung.

With a rib injury this is painful but to prevent the lung becoming damaged it is essential that you make a positive attempt to fully expand the lung from time to time

Take your painkillers as recommended. A preparation containing an anti-inflammatory agent such as ibuprofen may give the most effective pain relief.

To ensure a speedy recovery, it is important to follow these instructions:

Breathing Exercises

* Support the painful area of your chest with your hand when you move, cough or sneeze.
* Take a couple of deep breaths at least 5 to 6 times per day. Support the area over the injury
* If you smoke try to stop(!) or at least reduce the number of cigarettes smoked.

* Do not wrap your chest up with plaster/bandages.

If you become short of breath, develop a productive cough or a crackling sensation (similar to screwed up cellophane wrapping) over the injured area, you must seek medical advice immediately from your doctor.

* Avoid lying on the affected side.
* Your pain may persist for 4-6 weeks

It is important to exercise the shoulder on the affected side, since the shoulder can often become stiff following a rib injury.

The exercise should be performed as follows:

A stirring movement should be made with the elbow, gradually increasing the size of the circular movement for 3 to 4 minutes. This should be repeated at regular and frequent intervals 34 times daily.

Animal
Black 4th Dan
Black 4th Dan

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2008 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

next time he catches your leg
apply heavy leg ( put you weight on leg you and him then become a tripod) now that youare balanced if he does let down because it too heavy
and then
and then
and
then

punch him in the face

Orange with 2 Green tips
Orange with 2 Green tips

Club: the acadamy (soon)
Styles: bjj, shootfighting

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2008 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha cheers guys dw i got him back today hahaha guillotined him and made him tap about 20 times hahaha, i armbar him, kimora him, rear naked, kneebar, keylock, i own him hahahaha Ambulance , and i went to the docs today he reckons i havnt broke any i might have bruised them or just hurt my back a bit, but im feeling a lot better now aye, cheers guys for the help, hahaha that did cane though, and tonight i was like i shoulda just lunged at him and taken him down but haha dw he'll get whats coming to him Smile hes gonna start shootfighting with me at the academy too hahah so when we come you can have a laugh at us Smile

oh and just wondering, im 16 is that classed as adult pricing or kids??

cheers guys hahaaha Mr. Green

royce- "I GO TO DISNEYLAND!"
Animal
Black 4th Dan
Black 4th Dan

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

do adults class pay adults price

and we only laugh at you for a little while
we all still do stupid things
and we all laugh

then get back up and keep training

and if its really funny we will talk about for month after
and some times even year
ask every one about the time i got choked out doing a demo
that was 3 or 4 year ago

we are friendly at the academy, and friendly mean laughter
at you, at me and at us
and some time we even laugh at hte kickboxers

Orange with 2 Green tips
Orange with 2 Green tips

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

animal, been practicing that heavy leg you said but i struggle getting my balance in the first place, im hopping around like a one legged man on hot tin roof and can't get set before applying my weight to them. i keep falling over.

Animal
Black 4th Dan
Black 4th Dan

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to apply it early after he catches you
his next move is to rise you leg or pull or push to cause you to off balance

apply weigh early this may cause he ot put leg down

you only have a faction of a second to be balance start punching
this will cause he to drop you or at least give a good punch or before going down

if hopping punch
if falling punch
if on ground punch
if wrestling punch
and if you think about this too long punch

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    DavesBJJ Forum Index » Fitness All times are UTC + 8 hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: