../index.php?sid=9bfe09d790b2f9b789fef9fa46d8a71f DavesBJJ Forum Index FAQ Register Log in
Calendar
Calendar Calendar
Fri 19 Oct 2018 Sat 20 Oct 2018 Sun 21 Oct 2018 Mon 22 Oct 2018 Tue 23 Oct 2018 Wed 24 Oct 2018 Thu 25 Oct 2018

Local success in International TKD Competitions

Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    DavesBJJ Forum Index » Tae Kwon Do
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sea Tea
Brown
Brown

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2004 17:50    Post subject: Local success in International TKD Competitions Reply with quote

Eight local Tae Kwon Do students from Port Kennedy Taekwondo Oh Do Kwan recently went to Malaysia and Taiwan to compete in international events.

2 females members each came away with Bronze medals in the Malaysian Open held on July 24th & 25th. They then met up with the rest of team in Taiwan to compete in the Fifth International Club Championships held on the 28th to 30th July. Here the team came away with 2 Silver and 5 Bronze medals.

This was a fantastic result for such a small team who went away to gain experience in international competition.

Clap Congratualtions to the team on an excellent result.

Information courtesy of the Weekend Courier

The journey is the reward
TaeKwonDodo
Orange with 1 Green tip
Orange with 1 Green tip

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2004 04:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think they are all from Port Kennedy.(A work mate of mine,his son was one of the fighters,they train in Kelmscott i think)
Great results for all involved.Congrats to one and all.

Brown
Brown

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2004 08:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TaeKwonDodo

Thanks for letting us know the Kelmscott club also competed.

The 8 people referred to were all from the Port Kennedy club as reported in the local Weekend Courier newspaper ( my source for the above info ).

My understanding is that the comp was an International INTRA club comp with people competing from other National branches of the Oh Do Kwan style of TKD so its likely there were many more WA successes that I wasn't aware of at the time of posting this.

It would be great if you could obtain and post details ( or PM me ) of how the Kelmscott club ( and any others ) went. Unfortunately not being directly involved its hard to come by this sort of info. I keep an eye out in local newspapers for anything I think might be of interest to members of the forum, but Im bound to miss heaps of items Embarassed

Thanks
Sea Tea Razz

The journey is the reward
Post new topic      Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    DavesBJJ Forum Index » Tae Kwon Do All times are UTC + 8 hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: