Blue with 1 Purple tip
Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Location: Somewhere between your heart and mine.
Styles: WC Kung Fu, BJJ
|Posted: 31 Jul 2003 14:53 Post subject: Just a reminder - Rules of the Board
|This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities for the users of this forum here at www.davesbjj.com. Please read it and become familiar with it, it's terms are retroactive.
1. Users should read the forum descriptions and ensure that any post is made to the relevant forum. Users who consistently post to the incorrect forum may be given a warning. (Read below Policing)
2. Users when posting should always post in a manner that is respectful of other users. Abusing other users, moderators or other people will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
3. Users at all times should post in a manner that is respectful of other styles of martial arts. Discussion is permitted on the advantage/disadvantage of technique/style provided it is conducted in a respectful manner. Not acceptable are statements such as "My Style A is better than style B" etc.
4. This board is aimed at the general public. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning in the case of any minor infringements and may result in a perment ban if the case warrants such action.
5. Users are at all times to show respect for the copyright of other users,
sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez,
crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
6. Users are to respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of image data on other sites to which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed and the user may receive a warning.
7. Users should post in such a way, which is consistant with "normal writing".
Users should not use excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. in their posts. Similarly users should not SHOUT (BOLD text) or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
8. An appropriate, descriptive title should be used when posting a new topic. Do not use titles such as "Help" or "I'm Stuck". Topics found to have an inappropriate title may be edited or removed altogether. Users who consistently fail to give appropriate title will be warned.
9.Users should use the test forum for testing any aspect of posting / forum usage. Such usage may include checking signatures, checking links, checking images etc. All other forum rules still apply. Users found to be using the test forum to increase their post counts will be warned.
10. Users are not to promote commercial sites. The exception to this is if it helps another user find a product/service that they are looking for. Commercial sites may be promoted from within DavesBJJ site but not from the forum (exception- refer to the signatures section). Personal sites can be promoted provided that the site does not violate any of the forum rules. I.e. If you can't post about porn you can't promote a personal porn site.
11. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstances. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, advertisments, etc. Users posting Spam will be warned and their post removed.
12. In all cases the moderators, support and other teams determine what is to be considered as violating the rules of this forum. It is not up to the users to determine what convenes the rules.
13. Arguing with the moderators, support or other teams will not be tolerated and may result in a warning.
14. All forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
1. Signatures are to be text only and up to a maximum of 5 lines (one line is considered to be the amount of text that can be displayed in a browser opened at 800 pixel width). No images are permitted in the signature.
2. Text sizes should be between 8 and 12 (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, warez, emoticons, etc.
3. A maximum of 2 links are permitted in signatures. Links may be made to personal and/or commercial sites provided that the site does not breach any of this forums rules and the site does not also contain links to offensive sites.
4. Any user abusing the above rules may be warned.
1. Users are permitted to link to an avatar of their own (subject to the forum rules). The maximum size permitted for avatars is 80 pixels square and is to be no larger than 5kb in file size. No animation is permitted. Links to avatars that take more than a couple of seconds to load may be removed. Avatars, which attempt to portray the user as having some official status on the board or a posting rank higher than what the user is will be removed and a warning may be given.
2. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
1. This board operates a three-strike policy. A maximum of 3 warnings will be given to a user in a 3 month period, on the fourth offence a temporary ban ranging from 1 to 30 days will be given.
2. Arguing with the Moderators or the Administrator over being given a warning will lead to further warnings. If this should cause the user to exceed 3 warnings then a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
3. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned user name, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account to evade an email ban.
4. Users who contact Moderators or the Administrator (via any method) and post indecent, offensive, vulgar material or conduct any type of personal attack will be permanently banned from the forum.
5. Permanent bans are always a last resort and a lot of thought is given before taking this step.
Posting to this site indictates your acceptance of these rules.
"Rules based on similar rules from phpBB.com".
Thus in a wondrous and unique manner they appear gentler than lambs, yet fiercer than lions. I do not know if it would be more appropriate to refer to them as monks or as soldiers
—St. Bernard of Clairvaux (1136)